- • All hotel and lodge accommodations based on double occupancy.
- • All scheduled land, lake and river transportation.
- • All transfers.
- • All scheduled excursions with English-speaking guide services.
- • All entrance fees.
- • Meals as specified in the itinerary.
- • International or domestic airfares,
- • Airport departure taxes or visa fees,
- • Excess baggage charges,
- • Additional nights during the trip due to flight cancellations,
- • Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages or bottled water, snacks, insurance of any kind, laundry, phone calls, radio calls or messages, reconfirmation of international flights and items of personal nature.
DAY 1: Cumaceba Lodge - Jungle Walk
Reception at Iquitos airport, short city tour. Transfer to our private harbor to take our speed boat to visit the floating thatch roof houses in the district of “Belen”, located on the edge of the Itaya river,(From November to July) continue traveling down the Amazon River we arrive at the ecological reserve “Cumaceba Lodge”. The reception will be with a welcome drink made of a typical fruit, accommodation in the bungalows with private bathrooms, typical lunch, a long walk in the primary forest to know and learn about medicinal plants and the wild life of the reserve. Dinner and overnight in Cumaceba Lodge.
DAY 2: Cumaceba Lodge Bird Watching-Yagua Indian & Small Zoo
Canopy An early morning jungle walk for bird watching to see the legendary Hoatzin-Shansho. After breakfast we will visit the “Yagua” Indian Village, to see their typical clothing and hear their own dialect, see how they use the blowgun, typical dances, also we can buy or trade their handy craft. Typical lunch-self-service. Visit to a small zoo to see some local species of animals such as anacondas, sloths, turtles and others. Ride on the amazon river to seek for the gray and pink dolphins. Nocturnal lake excursion in canoes, to Hear rainforest typical sounds. Dinner and over night in Cumaceba Lodge.
DAY 3: Cumaceba Lodge – Paiches - Canoeing
Sunrise at the edge of the river bird watching at the “Padre Isla” town Breakfast. Trip visiting a private conservation project of Arapaima gigas- Paiche (The largest fresh –water fish in the Amazon River). Short walk around the town to see the everyday life. Return to Cumaceba Lodge. Tour in canoe with paddle special for Photos. Overnight in Cumaceba Lodge.
DAY 4: Cumaceba Lodge – Lili Pad
Breakfast and canoe ride to see the “Victoria regia” the larget aquatic flower of the world. We visit another lake to fish for piranhas, cat fish, fresh water tropical fish, after which we will return to the Lodge and have a typical lunch self service. Return To Iquitos. Transfer at hotel or airport.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the ever-changing nature of the rainforest, day-by-day activities may vary due to local conditions
Please inquire for a custom quote. The price is customized based on final accommodation choices, travel dates, and other custom preferences.
• Domestic Flights: Lima – Cusco – Lima: from $165.00 to $399.00 per person.
• All our itineraries are fully customizable, jus ask !